Trick or Treat
Pumpkin spice and everything nice, that's what October's are made of... So with that in mind, let's talk about all of the wonderful places to go to enjoy the festivities! There are many pumpkin patches and if you're looking for a spooky thrill, Denver can accommodate that as well! Here is a list of great local places to visit with friends and family.
1. Something for the whole gang at Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield farms. http://www.botanicgardens.org/events/special-events/pumpkin-festival -The gardens’ massive corn maze twists and turns across eight acres, with a mini-maze for smaller kids and great bird watching opportunities.
2. Anderson Farms http://andersonfarms.com/ in Erie, One of Colorado's longest running corn mazes and U-pick pumpkin patches There are barrel rides, hay rides and fun animals to see! When night falls this place also features a zombie paintball hunt, gourd launching a haunted house and much more.
3. Cottonwood Farm, Boulder:http://www.cottonwoodfarms.com/ Tackle straw-bale and corn mazes, take a wagon ride, decorate a gourd and pick a perfect pumpkin. This is a good spot for smaller children...a bit more quaint.
OK now for the spooky thrills....
1. The 13th Floor....OK, this one has the reputation for being the most terrifying: http://www.13thfloorhauntedhouse.com/ - be sure to get your tickets in advance to avoid long lines!
2. The Asylum Haunted House: http://www.funtober.com/hh/asylum-haunted-house/...be sure not to lose your mind in this strange and twisted place!
3. City of the Dead Haunted House - http://cityofthedeadhaunt.com/ If Zombies are your thing than this is the place for you!
Where is your favorite fall spot?