top of page
You're buying a home (or you're thinking about it)! What an exciting time in your life! So much to plan, so much to decide - where do you start?
Hi! I'm Kelli. It's my mission to help newlywed couples and first-time home buyers finance the home for their happily ever after. I love empowering people to make sound financing decisions. Learn more about me here.
As a first-time buyer, seeking the advice of experienced professionals can make ALL the difference. Here are a few tips to keep you on-track and working together to find your first home.
4 Tips for First-Time Homebuyers
1. Determine your wants - get clear on what you REALLY want, what you're willing to compromise on and what is negotiable. Make a list and use it as a reference to keep you focused and to help you narrow down your options.
5. Have fun! - Don't take things too seriously and remember to enjoy the process, each other and have fun!
2. Get pre-qualified - sit with a lender to get a clear understanding of where you stand financially, how much house you can afford and what your rates will be. Having a clear picture of what to look for financially, will help save you time on your search.
3. Work with a Realtor - an experienced professional can prove to be invaluable during the home buying process. A good Realtor will listen to you, understand your wants and needs and work with you, on your side to negotiate and anticipate issues when they arise.
4. Ask a lot of questions - do your research - this is a significantly large purchase and it's best to have a good understanding of what to expect, what your responsibilites are, what the process is and how your expert team can help you.
bottom of page