You're buying a home (or you're thinking about it)! What an exciting time in your life! So much to plan, so much to decide - where do you start?
As a first-time buyer, seeking the advice of experienced professionals can make ALL the difference. Here are a few tips to keep you on-track and working together to find your first home.
4 Tips for First-Time Homebuyers
1. Determine your wants - get clear on what you REALLY want, what you're willing to compromise on and what is negotiable. Make a list and use it as a reference to keep you focused and to help you narrow down your options.
5. Have fun! - Don't take things too seriously and remember to enjoy the process, each other and have fun!
ARE YOU ready TO GET
INTO YOUR forever HOME?
Hi! I'm Kelli. It's my mission to help newlywed couples and first-time home buyers finance the home for their happily ever after. I love empowering people to make sound financing decisions. Learn more about me here.
2. Get pre-qualified - sit with a lender to get a clear understanding of where you stand financially, how much house you can afford and what your rates will be. Having a clear picture of what to look for financially, will help save you time on your search.
3. Work with a Realtor - an experienced professional can prove to be invaluable during the home buying process. A good Realtor will listen to you, understand your wants and needs and work with you, on your side to negotiate and anticipate issues when they arise.
4. Ask a lot of questions - do your research - this is a significantly large purchase and it's best to have a good understanding of what to expect, what your responsibilites are, what the process is and how your expert team can help you.