Is Autumn a Good Time to Buy a Home?
We say yes, and here are a few reasons why.
1. Sellers are serious. If they weren't then they would wait until Spring to list their home. This means you are not competing with those who were trying to purchase homes before the start of the school year.
2. Less competition between buyers means that the seller is likely to be more flexible when negotiating.
3. Buyers have a little more time. This takes some of the pressure off of having to put in an immediate offer. Especially over the Summer months when you are likely going to be up against multiple offers! Buyers are able to think a bit more about what they want in a home.
4. Move in dates are likely to be a bit more flexible. Though getting in before the Holidays is likely to be a priority for both the buyer and the seller.
5. Lastly, tax breaks! There is still time to be able to get a few tax breaks in before the new year.
Have you ever purchased or sold a home in the fall? Tell us about your experience!