6 Date Nights for You and Your Spouse
Are you and your spouse in need of a date night? Whether you’re a newlywed or have several years under your belt, it’s always nice to do something with your special someone just to enjoy each other’s company and have some quality time in. If you’re all out of ideas or don’t know where to start, hopefully I can help.
1. Try something new. Regardless of your budget, this one can be done. If there’s a park you’ve never been to, a restaurant you’ve never tried, or an event you’ve never been to, take time to go do it. Get out of your routine and try something different.
2. Read together. Find something you can both enjoy whether it’s fiction, non-fiction, motivating and inspiring, or even an old Dr. Seuss book. Find a relaxing spot to sit and read to each other. Maybe you want to have a date night once a week where you finish a book that can’t necessarily be finished in one sitting- have at it!
3. Bake together. Almost everyone loves baked goods- they don’t have to be sweets. Find a new recipe to try or bring out an old family one and have some fun in the kitchen together. Then cozy up and enjoy what you’ve both made.
4. Fancy date. If you have some money set aside, consider going to a fancy restaurant. Dress up and go somewhere you don’t always have the luxury of going to. This may be a once a year thing for you so make it special.
5. Game night. Do you play board or card games often? Probably not as much as when you were a kid. Consider purchasing a new game and play together. This would also be a great idea if you were planning a double date with another couple.
6. Visit childhood places. Go take a drive and sit at your old elementary or high school and tell stories of memories there. Or drive past old houses you’ve lived in, your parents lived in, or your grandparents lived in. It’s a great way to get to know each other’s roots a little better.
What does your favorite date night look like? I’d love to hear it!