5 Ways to Show Your Spouse Appreciation
We’ve officially rolled into the holiday season and it’s the time of year where we’re thankful for what we have, our families, our friends, our homes, and our jobs.
How many of us go that extra step and specifically show gratitude towards our spouses or significant others? After all, they’re the ones who are there through the good and the bad. They’ve seen our best and worse days.
Sometimes we can be grateful for them and forget to acknowledge or let them know just how much we appreciate them.
This week, I have come up with 5 ways you can show your spouse or significant other your appreciation.
1. Just say it. When you notice them doing something to help you out whether it’s physically or emotionally, tell them thank you. Letting something go unnoticed can also be perceived as unappreciated.
2. Do something nice (and out of the ordinary.) It doesn’t have to be extreme, just something to say, “I thought about you.” It can even be as simple as stopping for their favorite candy or ice cream.
3. Leave them a note. If you know your honey is stressed at work or has a long day ahead of them, leave them a note wishing them well in the morning before they head out. Again, the little things go a long way. It’s said time and time again it’s the little things that matter.
4. Surprise them. Either with a night away, a night in with their favorite movie, making (or buying) dinner, or getting them their favorite cup of coffee.
5. Make time for them. You may see each other every day, but if your mind is preoccupied with either work, kids, or one of the other hundred things a day that consumes us, you can feel like you haven’t really spent time together. Make sure you’re making each other a priority and make time for you two (and just you.)
What’s your favorite way to show (or receive) appreciation?