5 Qualities of a Good Realtor
Finding a realtor can be tough. It’s important to shop around, research reviews, and ask friends, family, and coworkers for recommendations. Your home, whether selling or buying, is a huge part of your life so make sure it’s in the best hands possible.
Here are 5 qualities of a good realtor:
1. They’re well educated. They know their stuff and that’s all there is to it. They’re available to answer all of your questions and maybe even teach you a thing a two. Don’t hesitate to interview some potential candidates to put you at ease.
2. They’re good listeners. They may know their stuff, but they also know that what you want and need are very important. They put forth the effort to get to know you and help decide what’s best for you.
3. They’re well organized. Realtors often work with many clients at a time. Good realtors keep themselves very organized to make sure that each client’s paperwork and personal information are kept appropriately to avoid being lost or mixed up with someone else’s.
4. They are honest. It’s very important for a realtor to be transparent with their clients. If you feel you’re being left in the dark about something, try to get some clarification or realize that something is wrong.
5. They give their clients appropriate time. Yes, realtors may have multiple clients at once, but they must know how to balance in order to give each client the amount of time they need. Being overwhelmed with too many clients will cause more disappointment than not.
When you’re hiring a realtor, you should feel good and confident about your decision. If you don’t, ask yourself, “What’s going on here?” Don’t be shy about expressing your feelings and be sure to do your homework. You’ll be glad you did.
What’s one quality you look for in a realtor?